Sunday, June 12, 2016

Search for a current fantasy main system Part 5: Evaluating the game systems

Prior posts in the series
Search for a current fantasy main system Part 1: suggested games and evaluating their samples
Search for a current fantasy main system Part 2: First look at downloaded samples
Search for a current fantasy main system Part 3: Organizing "Battles"
Search for a current fantasy main system Part 4: Organizing Losers Battles
Search for a current fantasy main system Part 4: Evaluating the game systems

This chart shows my evaluation of all the games catches up the upper tier sample material games. Eight games continue on to the next phase.

[Click to enlarge]
Scores to OpenQuest, Runequest 6 (Mythras), Radiance, Unchained Heroes, Earthdawn, What's OLD is NEW (WOIN), GURPS, JAGS, 13th Age, Dungeon World, Hackmaster, and RMU.
Eight games will go onto the next phase III.
Runequest 6 (Mythras)
Radiance
Unchained Heroes
What's OLD is NEW
JAGS
Dungeon Wrold
Hackmaster
Winner of losers battle

I think I will grade it on
1) total grade from this evaluation phase will carry over
2) character creation test
3) skill system test
4) combat system test
5) magic system test

This phase will be solo, mock testing of the game.
Character concept: For all the games, I will write up a story or character concept for one character. In each of the systems I will make a version of that character.

Character creation: I will judge the character creation based on how well it makes the character, how much time it takes, how much depth, and how much I like the final result.

Skill system: I will test out some of the non-combat skills against difficulty and contests against an pretend NPC.

Combat system: I will test the combat system till death for 1 on 1 combat with an easy opponent.

Magic system: I will test the magic system a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment