Sunday, November 29, 2015

Finished again!
Made it to 50,000 words again my second year doing the contest. One of my short stories is not finished yet, so tomorrow I will try to finish it. Then it will sit for a month while I take a break from it. This weak, I may try to list the story topics to let you have a taste of what was created.

New possible title
My original title for the book may be changed to a more collection type title.

New experiences
With writing over for this NaNoWriMo 2015, I did learn a tremendous amount of experience this time doing a collection of short stories. 1) they are my first complete short stories. 2) Most of the stories only had a one sentence description written up. I also had a complete book structure skeleton, not based on any story, rather on unifying themes. The process was very unlike my detailed plan last year, where I had most every scene planned out in advance. 3) It was my first time trying to expand story information written in last year's Song and Fire and in the game started over the late Spring. 4) Music became more a motivator this year. YouTube epic and fantasy soundtracks played key in keeping me in the mood producing content. 5) I even threw in one fairy tale-like story which I made up on the fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment