Monday, April 6, 2020

Unreleased Draft from [3-27-17]: Western RPG series, Tombstone

In this series, I wanted to look at various western RPGs - specifically PWYW western RPGs. While there are several greater known western RPGs, I want to look at how others view the western genre.

I downloaded several western PWYW RPGs but while quickly scrolling through the game book one caught my attention more, Tombstone. It is a rather quick decision based only on passing glance, and a thought "this looks a little different".

First, I'll look at Tombstone (Alpha) which came out 1 and a half years ago in the late 2015s. Being an alpha indicates it's just a testing phase game.

The cover has a picture similar to the movie named the same.

It's written by Corey Ryan Walden and is 57 pages.

It looks like half of the book is player stuff for characters and half of the book is Gm stuff like setting and encounters, including a few pages of adventure setting at the end.

This is a 3d6 + skill or modifier and roll-over game system.

Two character creation methods are presented.

Quick method and from scratch. I'll choose the quick method.

I'll create a female gunslinger named Sarah.

1. female
2. Sarah
3. Folk Hero

Folk Hero
Health: 7
Defense: 11
Offense: Gunslinging +2, Brawling +0
Personality: +1
Investigation: +0
Willpower: 10
Speed: 40 feet
Fortune Dice: 1
Possessions: Two pistols (1d6 damage each),
bowie knife (1d6 damage), hat, trousers, shirt,
boots, $3.

Bountiful Rewards: When making a convincing speech and/or a successful Personality check you may garner a higher reward for a job. Add an extra 25% to the amount of money you would normally receive. This only applies to your reward, not any of your companions’ rewards. An ill-conceived speech or failed check may result in the normal paid fee rather than the Bountiful Reward.

[Notes to this previously unreleased draft: After I created this character, I did not do anything else with this game. This is about the period where I was working through 5e x 5 material and organizing other material that would become the Solo RPG Tools series.

So this character may or may not be complete, but I'll probably will not get around to doing anything more with this, considering she is 3 years since creation at this moment. So beyond this character, I do not know how the game plays.]

No comments:

Post a Comment