Thursday, April 2, 2020

Unreleased Draft from [3-18-17]: Developing rapid synopsis system

One of my private goals this year is to develop a random synopsis tool. This could be used to create story ideas as well as adventure quest seeds.

The need comes from both writing and adventure creating perspectives.

The Character Generator that I made is part of this system. However, I am trying to retool my ABS12 Story Engine to present more story possibilities.

That way I come up with a random synopsis pieces that may present something like.

Keywords generated: Investigator, metamorphose, internal conflict, society, war

A young inquisitive man goes through a metamorphosis in the hellish battlefields of Armageddon. 
So, I kind of know how I want it to work. I just need to actually make the pieces to produce the breadth of results that I want, yet fits my current die roll limits.

[Notes to this previously unreleased draft: This longer 2nd post last updated the same day as the prior post sketches out in further detail of what the structured sentence was hoping to help create. Grammar fuel has been a massive expansion of this initial concept, which I admit now reaches further than I thought back then. I imagined the 144 tools back then, which is referred to as "my current die roll limits," as the created main vehicle for helping to create such a synopsis, but back then also wished for something more massive, open world, and flexible. If you have inferred this because of my use of the words "die roll limits" then you are correct.

Currently, I may have created an even more ambitious goal than the Grammar Fuel series, which I don't know if it will ever be created beyond a few notes and experiments that I have here or there. Sometimes I make new goals after creating something, if doing so still interests me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment