Thursday, June 11, 2020

Learning about Poetry (part 6): Muse #4 Freewriting (Random Prompt)

The main tool for this exercise is freewriting. In exercise #1 we did some freewriting based on a random rhyming word set.

This exercise will differ in that first, instead of rolling for a rhyming set, I'll roll for one random result for each part of speech. I will then try to freewrite whatever comes to mind for 10 minutes, jumping from word to word or back depending on spontaneous thoughts.

Noun 1162 = compromise
Adjective 1785 = shopping
Verb 646 = prevent
Adverb 988 = yearningly
Interjection 499 = just kill me
Preposition 760 = prior to
Pronoun 77 = this
Conjunction 80 = supposing
Determiner 2 = the [singular]

Freewriting for 10 minutes exercise focusing on the above random words

There is no compromise. I must prevent laziness. Yearningly, I study poetry in hopes of figuring out the basics. If everything progresses enough, then poetry will be another form of artistic expression; supposing, that enough of the basics are adequate. THIS is the answer that has slipped through the grasp of scholars and politicians. THE end. Prior to writing this post, I was creating the next names book. Shopping exhausts me. But it does not prevent spontaneity. "Just kill me!" she said in a mocking manner. Yearningly, I typed each word wondering what would emerge. Prior to compromising during the deal, I shopped. Freewriting is a form of writing; supposing, that something inspirational emerges from all of the typing. But it should not prevent creativity. The fact of the matter is that I must type until the full 10 minutes is reached. this thought can go. I type and type until I know. Where does it go. How knows. Ouch my toe. I blow and row until tomorrow. You're not my foe. It will expose. 

Ok. I typed up some spontaneous stuff.

The orange highlights were attempts to mix the preposition with two words based on two other parts of speech.

When I reached the yellow highlighted section, I just suddenly felt like rhyming with go for some reason. I don't know why. It might mean something. Or it might mean nothing.

This is freewriting. There might be something here, especially with the rhyming "go" words.

In the another exercise, I might explore those rhyming words.

Quick edit on the yellow highlighted rhyming words

Next, I will look at, edit, and change the yellow words a bit

This thought can go. 
I type and type until I know. 
Where does it go. 
Who will know. 
Ouch my toe. 
I blow and row until tomorrow. 
You're not my foe. 
At the expo. 
That is enough freewriting for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment