Saturday, September 17, 2016

5e- the fluidity of magic

5e SRD Series
D & D 5th Edition and a 5e x 5 SRD Project
The difficulty with 5e escalating HP and Damage.
5e- the fluidity of magic

I'm rather new to 5e. I did play some AD&D before switching to MERP.

Magic in 5e is different from when I what I recall at it back 30 or so years ago.

For example, I don't remember that magic increased in power as levels increase. Maybe it actually did back then. But my memory doesn't recall those types of details.

Produce Flame spell increases in damage at levels 5, 11, and 17.

Or Prayer of Healing which heals for 2d8 HP + spell ability modifier also increases for each slot above level 2 by 1d8 HP.

The fluid dynamically defined or structures spells brings lengthened use at higher character levels of lower level spells even when the characters are well past that original level.

Well done 5e!

No comments:

Post a Comment