Wednesday, November 14, 2018

2nd week of writing

Progress so far


More typing, mapping, and drawing

Like a dam in the river, the free flowing spontaneous action swerves and turns, thoughts become words. The unknown becomes a challenge.

And here is my score so far.

That is the story of this last week.

When I started this writing, I only had vague plans and ideas about the initial setting, in an elf trading city in the southern elf lands. I picked one place on the map and created a trading city. I knew what type of game structure I wanted to create and also that I would try using Fudge RPG system. I wanted to have it be a character origin type story. Everything else would be created using mostly discovery writing-technique since I had no NPCs, no established settings, and no history created.

I posted this at the NaGa Demon event Fudge RPG on MeWe page late last night, for more details.

*****************************************************************************
Assessing my progress so far with the bulk of the story of the game. I've covered the one major city, most of one major town, finished one small village, and starting the minor town, did one small cave, random encounters for the area, have written 4 major clues about the story, added one helpful tool hidden. I've started two or three side story arcs I'm not sure where they are going yet.
62 pages currently of 22,000 words total.

Out of 94 current sections outlined, 66 are to the 1st draft state, 17 are in the writing stage, and 11 are still in outline state. I'm guessing I will add at least 70 to 100 more sections at least.

About day 8, I noticed my speed slowing down as I approached the middle area not planned during my preparation. I've been grunting through the unknown, figuring that everything can be refined later. Just get something on paper first.

That's my update.

Halfway through the month is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment