Monday, November 19, 2018

Why I give out 30% discount constantly

If you've ever bought something from me through DriveThruRPG or RPGNow, you'll quickly find out that I send a lot of 30% discounts out at every product release. It's maybe even resulted in people clicking off the email options. Sometimes, I give them out to people that only bought X product. Sometimes I give them to customers that bought bundle Y. And sometimes I give 30% to supporters that purchase products from category Z.

No one has actually ever asked me why I do this constantly.

Here's why.

15 years ago, I worked in a fairly large national chain book store. One perk of being a book seller employee was that on the first day of every month, every book that an employee bought themselves was at 30% off. I bought a lot of books on the first day of every month back then, more than any other day of the month.

When I started making PDF books and products, I thought it would be cool to somehow give something like that to supporting customers especially those customers that always are staying up with my latest publications.

Hence, every release I try to send out at least to one group of customers 30% off of the product. I don't need to do this, but that is why I give them out like candy. Because 15 years ago I worked in a discount giving book store.

No comments:

Post a Comment