Thursday, December 31, 2015

Calculating Elevation Layers


Analyzing the elevation changes
For this project, I took a section of the world that has a strip of elevation changes going from sea level up to the snow line. I started by adding a #1 in the first open area that could fit a number, near the lowest part of the shore.

I counted each step up until reaching the first snow area shown in the center zoom out view which looks bluish white among the darker hues.

My assumptions are that the greens are the lowlands; tans, highlands and hills, browns hills and mountains, bluish whites and whites are above the snow line, mountainous glaciers.

Assuming each layer is 100 feet, I found this progression of elevation which I wrote near the color name on the right side of the screen

No comments:

Post a Comment