Monday, December 31, 2018

Looking back at 2018 WotFS blog

My blog was rather quiet during the beginning of the 2018 year. Most of my actual effort this year was releasing new content. It began with 5ex5 Future Characters at the beginning of the year. After that, I turned to one of my long-term goals of expanding the solo gaming series which I began long ago breaking off pieces of the ABS12 system.

Prior to 2018

What had began with the ABS12 solo game engine in 2016, and led to the release of Character Gen, Description Gen, and Motivation Gen in 2017, really expanding in 2018.

Products released

Chronologically plot, theme, mood, emotion, outdoor, indoor, animal, knowledge, sound, body language, flash rpg, human, dream, dialogue, career, foe, communication, behavior, relationships, twists, flaws, scene actions, transitions, 3 conflicts, reaction scenes, social & mental traits, and emotional reactions were tools released during this year culminating in the two mechanisms books and the setting all-in-one. I feel good about this years batch of products. Some are more successful than others.


Flash RPG Blog series

With this blog, I didn't return to writing until Flash RPG was released. I began with 5 examples of using Flash RPG in late May to early June leading up to Flash Fiction Appreciation Day.


Character Mechanisms Blog Series

In October, I created a series using the tools of Character Mechanisms. Dakota was the resulting character created during this period of 9 posts.

November Writing Month

During the month of November, I completed a project to writing a game system and setting. One-Roll Fudge RPG and an unreleased Aioskoru setting was created during this month. This setting information hopefully will provide inspiration and direction in the future. It certainly felt fulfilling to write some fiction after a few years of rules and list creation, which are satisfying in a different way.


MeWe establishment instead of G+

I've established a small presence on MeWe for social media.


December Story Mechanisms Blog Series

During the month of December, I began and haven't finished yet a story generating series using Story Mechanisms. This series I plan to continue into January of 2019.


Blood in Space Blog Series

I wanted to get some hands on experience with other Fudge systems. This series I plan on continuing into 2019.


A comparative look at MERP vs RM Express vs HARP

I sort of continued a MERP series that I started a few years ago with this possible new series. I don't know how much more I can sustain this series. It is ranked lower on my priority since these products are rather old and low priority. I did learn a lot about myself already from this initial comparison.

Next post


I want to go back to my annual reviews that I have done in the past and see how this blog has progressed so far. Doing so might help me figure out a new direction for 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment