Friday, December 7, 2018

Story Mechanisms: creating a story profile instructions (part 3)

In the first two posts, so far I've organized the information, and I've started a story plot diagram for Story Mechanisms.



For the next tool creation, I continue with the next tools in the original planned hierarchy, the Three Conflict Chain RPG.

1.The first information generated in that book is the opening. I add sections for both opening type and specific opening out of the 36 random openings.

Next, is adding the inciting event.

Above that, I add the 1st and 2nd conflicts with the same details as the final conflict.

2. I also need room for twists and results for conflicts.

3. Mood-Emotion should have a section, which I will add down near either the setting or theme.

4. Next, I'll switch to the Deep Dive Engine.

I probably need sections under this basic structure for these.

Click on image to enlarge




Okay, looking over this structure, it looks fairly complete or good enough for now to begin using. I can change and adjust it later as it's being used if need be.

The next post in this series, I hope to begin making an example of using the Story Mechanisms book using this sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment