Sunday, March 26, 2017

Star Frontiers Alpha Dawn Expanded character.

Star Frontiers series
Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn Gameplay (Part 1) Character Creation and rules summary
Star Frontiers Game Play: part 2: first adventure
Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn Gameplay (Part 3) The chase 


Star Frontiers is once available again. Also there are Star Frontiersman and Frontier Explorer downloadable magazines.





In Star Frontiers Alpha Dawn Basic, I had my character Ethest do the beginning adventure where he was attacked by raiders that turned out to be satharian agents. I now want to upgrade to the original expanded version of the game called Star Frontiers Expanded Game Rules.

After that, I plan on soloing the sample adventure on page 58 later this week.

Changes in the Expanded Version

I see that in Expanded, humans get +5 to any one ability. I choose Dexterity since it is used for 'to hit'.

Credits
My character also gets 95 (1d100) + 250 = 345 more credits.

Skills
I have to choose a PSA, a Primary Skill Area. Ethest chooses Military of course.
I receive 2 skills at level one rank. I pick beam and thrown of course. My accuracy is going to go down with the expanded version because it uses 1/2 Dex + 10% per rank instead of the full Dex bonus.

I'll probably spend 3 Exp on martial arts as well, in case my weapon ammo runs out. It also gives me nerve punch and falling damage reduction, combat throwing damage, and damage. I improve my Dex by 3 exp.

Weapons and Armor
I buy a military skeinsuit for more defense protection. I buy another energy clip, 3 doze grenades, and 4 frag grenades. I don't have a lot of damage with my laser, so the frag grenades will help out dish more bang.

I also see that I can walk 5 km per hour.

B. Character Sheet


Character Name: Ethest
Race: Human
Handedness: Right
Sex: Male
Walk: 2
Run: 6
Hourly: 5 km

Physical Data
STR/STA: 55 / 55
DEX/RS: 78 / 70
INT/LOG: 60 / 60
PER/LEAD: 55 / 55
IM: 7

Medical Records
Current STA: 55

Weapons
Weapon             Damage    Basic to Hit #    PB S-10  M-20   L-40   E-80     Ammo
Laser Pistol        1d10                   49              1     4       10     20       40        28
Doze Grenade     sleep                  49            0-5  6-10 11-15 15-25 26-60      3
Frag Grenade     8d10                  49            0-5  6-10 11-15 15-25 26-60       4
Martial Punch      3+1          38 or 49

Defenses
Suit: Military Skeinsuit
Screen:

Energy Record
Suit up to 50 ballistic/melee

Personal File
Racial Abilities:


Experience: 0 Exp

Credits: 15 credits

Pay/Day:

Skills
Primary Skill Area: Military PSA
PSA Skill                     Level
Beam                              1
Gyrojet
Projectile
Thrown                          1
Martial Arts                   1
Tumbling              -1 fall dam
Defensive throw          1 dam
Nerve combat       1- 6, 10
Melee                             1
Demolitions

Secondary Skill          Level


Subskills


Equipment
Item                                                        Mass
Chronograph/ communicator
Coveralls
First Aid Pack
Stimdose 1 dose
Staydose 1 dose
Id Card
Pocket Tool
Survival Rations 5 days


Robots
Type                         Move      Level             Mission              Program


Vehicle
Type                         AC/DC/TN/SP/CR     Pass        Cargo


Computers
Level        EN Pts     Mass     Program

No comments:

Post a Comment