Thursday, June 16, 2016

ABS12: Powers & Magic revisted

All the changes from this page will be added to the complete master game page at A Basic System 12 (ABS12).

Current rough magic system: skill based

My first magic system began with two spells - fireball and life heal.

A few weeks ago I switched to skill based magic.

Magic Users Spells: disease, poison, splinter smash, firecone, corrupt touch, fear, drain touch, corrupt stare, petrification, charm, dig, fly, immune (to one element or poison/disease), aware, defense (increase defense temporarily), covert (invisible), or offensive bonus. Each build point raises damage up the scaling damage chart from 1 to a current max of 6 damage levels [(1d12*3) /4].

Considering next power system 
I considered this system in a message to one person that I exchange messages with.

I'm just getting to magic more recently, still trying to keep things simple reusing skills and creature abilities as the basis for magic atm. I may switch to an 'adjective', 'verb', and 'noun' system like 'minor destroy fire', 'greater summon earth', or 'fast heal life' tying the parts of a created spell name to mechanics and allow the player to describe the magic visual effects and form. Maybe do that as soon as I have the basic down.

This post I wanted to begin looking how such system may look like.

Here is a chart that I made up. I will place it as an option for now in the system.

[Click to enlarge]




A Basic System 12 (ABS12)
Index of my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment