Here is a small update I will try for drama escalation.
- For the GM emulator, once the inciting event has occurred start at -4 to all rolls for actions related to plot.
- This will limit the maximum best possible answer as a 'Yes, however'.
- Then each time that the character fails to achieve a plot goal add 1 to the initial and subsequent base # -4 slowly reducing it to zero and then it can become a positive number.
- This slowly increases the chance to getting a 'Yes' answer.
- Once a 'Yes' or 'Yes, also' has been achieved, the escalating number returns to -4 value.
- If the scene is a climax scene, any negative value becomes zero and can become positive.
A Basic System 12 (ABS12)
Index of my blog