Monday, June 13, 2016

ABS12: Using a deck of cards to do solo gaming.

All the changes from this page will be added to the complete master game page at A Basic System 12 (ABS12).

Frustrated at having to roll against myself using the ABS12 combat system, I think I've found a better way to do combat.

Since the system is a 1d12, a standard deck of playing cards with the kings and jokers removed can simulate a solo gaming experience where I don't have to roll against myself. I just roll against a shuffled deck of cards more like playing solitaire. In a game of solitaire, the shuffled deck of cards allows you to focus on figuring out patterns instead of generating random numbers and suite.

So, using a deck of cards:
Numbers 1 to 10 equal the stated values.
jack = 11
queen = 12

Maybe reshuffle the cards as needed or for each session or as needed.



A Basic System 12 (ABS12)
Index of my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment