Sunday, July 24, 2016

JAGS: Creating wild west creatures

JAGS Fan Content series
The search for a fantasy or universal RPG: The winner and my choice.
Test played Reviews: JAGS Revised
JAGS: NPC templates for humans by type
JAGS: NPC list & skills
JAGS: Creating wild west creatures


There are three ways that I can try to create some creatures for my wild west game.

I can either:
a) build them from scratch using the JAGS Archetype rules.
b) try to convert them from an OGL source.
c) or combine the results from both methods to form a hybrid agreement if possible.

I think I will try all three if possible and compare the results.

But first I need a list of wild west creatures. And that basically means creatures of the dessert, mountains, and plains of central and southern USA.

I'll focus on the italicized animals which are predators and hunted animals.

Many Biomes
vulture
hawk
eagle
porcupine
skunk
long-tailed weasel
gray fox
ground squirrel
ants
bee
wasp
white-tailed deer
moose (elk)
american badger
bat

Dessert
rattlesnake (western diamondback, copperhead, cottonmouth,)
scorpion
tarantula
gila monster
coyote
armadillo
black-tailed jack rabbit
cottontail rabbit
bobcat (lynx)
gopher
prairie dog

Plains
buffalo (bison)

Mountains
black bear
brown bear
mountain lion (cougar, puma)

Other terrain animals
alligator
crocodile
great white shark
coral snake

No comments:

Post a Comment