ABS12 Solo Game Engine and Fact Generator
ABS12: Basic Fact Generator
ABS12 Solo Game Engine: Additionals, Branching, & Conditionals
ABS12: Synonyms for writing using the ABS12 Solo Game Engine
Testing the ABS12 Solo Engine and Fact Generator
ABS12: Story Engine
ABS12: Random Objects & Participants
ABS12: Drama Escalator
I changed the wording of 'Verb Actions' to 'Action Verbs' mostly in chapter 2. I did so since that is a common phrase used in making job resumes. Using that term may be familiar to many already. I'm trying to make the descriptions and verbs more like a career information.
I wanted to make a generic list of random objects and random participants to go with the story engine. Use a 1d12 to find a number if you are using it for a random result. In addition, the fact generator and the solo game engine can be used to fill in descriptions and characteristics.
ABS12 Random Objects
- important/sacred item
- healing item
- utility item (helps you do something eisier)
- clothing (it may be a special clothing)
- clue to some mystery
- valuable item
- power/technology item
For numbers 11 and 12 either use 1 or 2 of the 10 that are the most common for your world for increased odds, or pick two new ones not listed on the list.
- new NPC
- relationship NPC
- nemesis NPC (new/old)
- friend NPC (new/old)
- powerful opposing force (natural, supernatural)
- race against time
- -reuse or assign -
- -reuse or assign -
Here is the story engine as shown several weeks ago.
Here is an potential story engine for main storyline that I will experiment with. It is based on three literary plot structures. I am not sure I like the 2d12 probability.
#1 is hidden text. The blogger has numerical list which automatically starts at 1. I didn't feel like looking up how to remove it, so the list really starts at 2 since 2d12 lowest value is 1+1 = 2.
ABS12 Sory Engine v 1.0
- By Ken Wickham 2016
- Descend - a character must descend to the very depths of despair to perform some great task.
- Maddening - a mad person versus the victim of the insanity.
- Tempted - a character must face their greatest weakness, distraction, or compulsion.
- Disaster - a power falls defeated by an enemy or informed by a messenger.
- Sacrifice - a character must struggle to maintain an ideal by sacrificing something great to satisfy a creditor or opponent.
- Obtain - a character asked by another, must struggle to obtain something great in order to aid against an adversary.
- Prey - a master or monster threatens or causes suffering to a victim or unfortunate character.
- Rescue - a character must deliver a unfortunate or supplicant from a persecutor.
- Pursue - a character must pursue a criminal and avenge the victim with the expected justice deserving.
- Escape - a character must escape from imprisonment or punishment from some conflict.
- Transform - a character goes through a dramatic change like a rebirth of power, form, or appearance.
- Mature - a character comes of age or knowledge through a challenging experience to reveal something important.
- Abducted - an abductor takes abducted from a guardian.
- Enigma - an interrogator posses a problem to the seeker and gives the seeker better ability to reach the seeker's goal.
- Rival - there is an object of rivalry and a preferred or superior side versus a rejected or inferior side.
- Revolt - conspirators plot to overthrow a tyrannical power.
- Metamorph - a character must go through a dramatic change into something by supernatural or severe natural means.
- Daring - a bold leader sets out to obtain an object from or to fight against a powerful adversary.
- Conspire - a hated character and a 2nd conspire against a character.
- Lost - an important object is lost by negligence. There character must find the object or remedy any consequence.
- Forbidden - a character must do something considered forbidden in opposition to sagely advice.
- Betrayed - a desirer and desired have betrayed a character. The betrayal is discovered by some means..
- Ascend - a character must climb some challenging task and raise above opposition to become one of the few to ascend to the top.
A Basic System 12 (ABS12)
Index of my blog