Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Quick free world maps using GIMP filters and Donjon fractal maps - Preview of Ebook

Quick free world maps using GIMP filters and Donjon fractal maps series:
Part 1: Getting a fractal map,
Part 2: Getting different types of maps,
Part 3: More accurate 3D maps with mountains,
Part 4: Zooming and resolution,
Part 5 Expanding the Zoom Limits.
Part 6: Quick outline maps

[Click on the blog page links above if you want to see the free instructional content I've given out on my blog. This book will include that and new instructions not shown in that content, which do the results below]

I just wanted to update the progress to make an ebook showing the steps to do the ultra zoom elevation maps. I'm still trying to finish up the outline method instruction that I wanted to include.

Here is new content I created to show the step by step, this time looking a tiny island.


In the left upper corner is the original. The middle shows the topographical line version. The lower right shows the tiny island. Compare the lower right to the original in the upper left. I believe it is a phenomenal results. I'm very pleased.

I don't have an ETA on when it will be finished.

Hopefully I can keep the price low. It will depend on the size of the file, since that's how they calculate ebook charges. With all the maps, it drives up the price up the most, more than the text itself. Text is very cheap for ebooks. But I'm trying to keep the images to a minimum when possible.

It will have all of the content in posts 1 to 6 as well put into one ebook as well as the new ultra zoom and outline methods only shown but not revealed in my free posts.

Available from Google Play Books.
https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Ken_N_Wickham_Quick_free_world_maps_using_GIMP_fil?id=tvZmDAAAQBAJ

Also available on Kindle and RPGNow
https://www.amazon.com/Quick-world-filters-Donjon-fractal-ebook/dp/B01H131XPY/

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/187006/Quick-free-world-maps-using-GIMP-filters-and-Donjon-fractal-maps

No comments:

Post a Comment